The Tankerville Arms Hotel believes that individuals have the right to choose to consume alcohol in licensed venues as a form of social activity.
As the operator of this venue, we have a responsibility to help minimise the risk of harm to individuals, our staff, other customers, and to the wider community.
As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers and to other licensees by complying with and, where appropriate, exceeding mandatory compliance regulations.
Ethics In Practice
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
The Tankerville Arms Hotel Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws and adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
- Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all the rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in each State.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all customers can socialise and enjoy themselves.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol in the venue. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
- Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venue by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable State law.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel will continue to provide employee education and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Responsible Service of Gaming
Whilst gambling is a social activity enjoyed responsibly by the vast majority of customers, The Tankerville Arms Hotel recognise that problem gambling is a serious social issue and that a small proportion of customers are harmed by their gambling activities.
For our part, we are committed to our staff being trained in responsible gambling practices to encourage customers to engage with their gambling as a social and recreational activity in a supportive environment.
Responsible Service of Gaming
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel is committed to providing responsible gambling in our venue. Whilst gambling is enjoyed by the majority of people responsibly, The Tankerville Arms Hotel acknowledges that problem gambling is a serious community issue and that a small proportion of customers are harmed by their gambling activities.
- Our goal is to ensure our hotel provide a safe and supportive environment where our customers make informed decisions about gambling and timely appropriate assistance and information is provided.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel believes that the industry, government, community and individual have a shared responsibility for the promotion, development and practice of responsible gambling.
- Our objective is for our gaming facilities to be enjoyed as a social recreation by responsible individuals who choose to use them.
- The Tankerville Arms Hotel actively supports the promotion and encouragement of responsible gambling.
- Advertising and promotions contained on The Tankerville Arms Hotel website are not implicitly or explicitly directed at minors, excluded persons, or vulnerable or disadvantaged groups.
- Australian Hotels Association (VIC) Self-exclusion program
Tankerville Arms Hotel Responsible Gaming Code of Conduct
Our Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct outlines our practices that support our commitment to responsible gambling and customer care.
Code of Conduct – LINKS
Code of Conduct (Arabic)
Code of Conduct (Chinese)
Code of Conduct (Greek)
Code of Conduct (Italian)
Code of Conduct (Spanish)
Code of Conduct (Turkish)
Code of Conduct (Vietnamese)
Other Websites you might find helpful are: